|View Additional Photos|
|Check Wilks House Availability Calendar|
June - Flipkey
Great house, fully furnished
I stayed here with my extended family in June 2016 for about 5 nights. It's a great house that came with lots of extra touches like fresh milk, fruit, beach towels and face washers. We travelled with little children and had requested a cot from the managers. They went the extra mile and also provided a baby bath, nappy bin, high chair and even baby wash - brilliant! The house was clean and airy, with plenty of space; we had six adults and two young children and never felt cramped. The layout is great for larger groups. It's about a 10 minute drive to the Esplanade but was well worth the trade off to have a 'home away from home'.
Nick M, Canberra, Australia
August 2015 - Flipkey
Everything that you need and more
We stayed for 5 nights and I'm delighted to give the property full marks. Everything was clean, well maintained and of high quality. A nice touch was the fact that everyday essentials were provided (washing powder, salt, pepper, milk, cooking oil etc). We used the BBQ facilities one night and sat outside until the wee hours of the morning - lots of fun! The property manager was easy to interact with and very helpful. Would definitely return.
Stuart M, Brisbane, Australia
August 2015 - Flipkey
Super house highly recommended
My family and I stayed for 8 nights in the house in August. What can I say, its a great house large and spacious, very comfortable and in a convenient location. The house has everything you want after a day spent exploring wonderful Cairns, BBQ, wifi, TV with all channels including movies. Lizzie responded very quickly to our queries. When we arrived she had kindly bought us milk, bread, fruit and chocolate and drove us to the local supermarket to stock up. Deposit was refunded on departure. Highly recommended
kenny k, Kilkenny, Ireland
Google plus 18/08/2015
We stayed at the Wilkes House and it was a beautiful piece of property! The owners of the house were easy to deal with and made our stay wonderful. While not in the downtown area, it is right off a main thoroughfare with easy bus access to the city center. It was nice to be away from the noise of downtown and relax. Highly recommend for a relaxing tropical vacation. Rebecca D
June 2014 - FlipKey
Great location with everything you need & dog friendly.
This is the second time we have stayed at Wilks House with our 2 kelpies for work purposes. There are rooms for other guests and plenty of space to spread out all our work equipment.
The kitchen is well stocked, even has a coffee maker and muffin trays and plenty of new pots and pans. There is a new BBQ and off street undercover parking. The location is great with good shopping and walking tracks close by. Everything is clean and in good working order and perfect for our extended stay.
Detailed ratings for this rental
***** Overall customer service
***** Bathroom cleanliness
***** Bedding & mattresses
***** Other facilities & amenities
***** Overall condition
***** Kitchen & utensils
Jodie P, Melbourne
June 2014 - FlipKey
A big thank you to Nick & Lizzie for providing such wonderful hospitality on such short notice. The place was immaculate and could have easily catered for a family of 6. Close to the bus and not far from the city by car. It felt like a home away from home. Thank you.
A TripAdvisor member, Brisbane
Wilks House, 78 Wilks Street, Bungalow
Bungalow - close to Cairns CBD (4km), 4 bedrooms, sleep 8 from $228 per night
A lowset Queenslander house with a user friendly layout and tons of space. The kids have their own rumpus room and a large garden to play in. No pool but less than 10 minutes drive to the fantastic Lagoon on the Esplanade. Very convenient location for Reef trips from the Marlin Wharf, for restaurants, cinemas, theatres, Rusty's market and all the buzz of town.
Location – 78 Wilks St near Earlville shopping centre (500m)
- 5km to Cairns Esplanade swimming lagoon
- 4km to Cairns Central shopping centre ($15 taxi ride)
- 350m to Dan Murphy wine store
- Walking distance to restaurants – Thai Coins, Cazalys, La Fontana, Sizzler
- 100m from main bus route, Timetable & routes for Sunbus services – 140/150, 141/143
- Taxi: Ph 131008
- 4 bedrooms, all air-conditioned & ceiling fans
- All bed linen, towels and swimming towels supplied
- Queen, 2 king singles, 2 singles, Queen
- Main bedroom with ensuite & TV
- 2nd bathroom, separate toilet
- 2 hairdryers
- Air-conditioned open plan living room
- Large leather sofa, TV, DVD, full Foxtel satellite tv
- Extremely well equipped kitchen – sharp knives, quality stainless pots etc
- Large fridge, microwave and dishwasher
- Gas hob, electric oven, gas BBQ
- Basic kitchen supplies: oil, condiments, tea, coffee, sugar
- Cleaning supplies, vacuum cleaner
- Local tour info
- Natural history, botanical, bird-watching books available on request
- Free Wi-fi (25GB per week)
Front verandah & garage
- 2 seater cane sofa, table & chairs
- Garage for 2 cars, driveway 1 car
Undercover tiled patio facing the garden
- Dining table & chairs for 10, sofa
- Ceiling fan
- Washing machine, dryer, board & iron
- Weber BBQ
- Book library, games, toys
- Cane sofa, 2 armchairs, TV, DVD, stereo
- Ceiling fans
- Bar fridge
Rates for Wilks House, Bungalow
|Weekly||Daily||(Price guide: Daily pp for 8 People)||Minimum Stay|
Less than a week
|Please note: there is a weekly electricity allowance of $50 to encourage fair use of the air-conditioning|
Please note: Wilks house has an allowance of $50 per week for electricity, which should be more than adequate as the house has solar hot water. If you use a significant amount more, you will have to pay the difference. This condition is to ensure fair use of the air/con.
On arrival and before
- We can do a grocery shop if you are arriving late ($35 service fee)
- We will meet you with the keys and show you where everything is
- Welcome pack – fruit, milk, biscuits
- Dog friendly - by arrangement
Wilks is one of the very few houses available for rent within 3km of the city. You have a huge choice of restaurants and entertainment just a $15 taxi ride from your home.
If you are a visiting from a yacht you will not find another house closer to the marina or port area.
If you are re-locating or renovating and looking for a fully furnished short term rental home, why not spoil yourself and make a stressful time easier?
View Larger Map